Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm not at all surprised...

that we may be approaching a bandwidth bottleneck on the Internet.

As I muster my best old-timer voice I will tell you that I long for the bygone day when web pages weren't so darned dynamic. Today, there are too many embedded java-scripts, animated .gifs, Shockwave videos and other generally bandwidth hogging distractions included in every web page. Stop it.

When I surf the net I want information. Not flashy crap. But perhaps I'm in the minority?

SIDE NOTE: Yes, I'm at home after a long day. Tipping a whiskey, too.

2 comments:

  1. Peer file sharing is likely a culprit in the internet bandwidth saturation. I know more than a few people who use broadband to download movies, music, and software they don't use just for the sake of using up the bandwidth they pay for. 800 mb movies and 5 gb disk images for commercial software sponges up bandwidth real nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, very good point. I had the same thought when Netflix started streaming rental movies.

    ReplyDelete