Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Voting with your feet...

can be an effective strategy. The Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology is boycotting the city of New Orleans as a site for their annual conference in 2011. This response is due to the state having recently passed legislation allowing for so-called "intelligent design" to be taught in science classes. Here's the letter from the organization's president to Governor Jindal.

Bye bye, Louisiana. Rock on, nerdy biologists.

See my earlier related post.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John! Found your blog - yaaay! Oh this is Nasir Aziz, one of your students. I see you are going to Arctic! I am jealous!

    I am still in Seattle area. Besides what I am doing, geology is still my passion. Actually makign a few apps as a hobby for geological purposes. I'll send you some links later for you to have a look...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always terrific to hear from former students!

    ReplyDelete