Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heads up...

as there's a 1 in 3,200 chance you'll be struck by falling space junk in the next few days:  Defunct NASA satellite to crash to Earth this week.  That probability seems ridiculously high, especially given that 75% of the globe is covered by water.

Regardless, I'm feeling lucky that I'll dodge this imminent threat.  Two days ago I was struck square in the forehead by a bird bomb while puttering around town in my convertible Super Beetle with the top down.  That's the third time in my life where I've been struck by bird droppings.  (I've also been shat upon by monkeys in the jungles of Central America during caving expeditions, but that's another story.)  Some believe that being struck by falling feces is a good omen, and that's how I'm interpreting the recent event.

As for the rest of you, look out.  NASA warns that "it is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry.  Predictions will become more refined over the next two days."

No comments:

Post a Comment