Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My first impressions...

after using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android-based tablet for a while are nothing less than overwhelmingly positive.  It's blazing fast, has the most vibrant and sharpest screen available today, and the Android Honeycomb 3.1 operating system is highly intuitive (I didn't even look at the manual during the first three days of use, and I don't use an Android cell phone.)

It is clear to me that tablets are primarily information consuming devices.  I've enjoyed reading books using the Kindle app, surfing the web, playing Mahjong and Angry Birds, watching videos and listening to music.  Although I might make minor edits to documents/spreadsheets, or compose the occasional blog post using the included software on the tablet, it's certainly not a replacement for a desktop/laptop computer for serious and/or professional work.

Some minor quibbles:  The USB charging cord is astonishingly too short (only 20 inches) for some strange reason.  And although you can download drivers to link and transfer files to/from your PC using the USB cable, you have to buy an additional $20 adapter in order to enable a functional USB port on the tablet itself (I feel the adapter should have been included).

In sum:  Highly recommended.

RELATED: Google’s Android Platform Dominating World Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment